Thursday, April 27, 2023

Gaetano Crochetti-Dino's Dad NBC Tour

It was the spring of 1967 and we had just finished the Sunday mid morning rehearsal for the Dean Martin Show. Greg Garrison asked me if I could walk Dino's dad, Gaetano, around the building and show him the different studio's. 
I introduced myself to Guy, he was decked out in a black tux, butterfly black bow tie, Dean's double but about 30 years older. I learned some Italian from my folks when I was younger, made him laugh when I told him I sounded like a "Gidrul." We spent an hour peeking in and out of rehearsal halls and studio's. We walked back to Dean's dressing room, two proud Italians, one from the old country and the other on top of the world. Gaetano Crochetti passed away later that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment