Friday, September 22, 2023

Return To Me - Perry Como and Dean Martin

"Dean's Favorite Paisan" I looked forward to Sunday's when we taped the Dean Martin Show. During the week, we managed audiences on Let's Make a Deal, Hollywood Squares, Hope and Benny Specials. Standing outside of NBC w/ticket holders was an experience. They would often ask for our autographs. I guess they thought we were destined for "stardom," wearing our NBC Page blazers. It was late fall when I caught up to another childhood idol, Perry Como. He was leaving Studio 4 after taping his traditional Christmas Show, I caught him as he was walking toward the Artist Entrance with his agent. "Mr. Como, I've loved you since I was a young kid watching the Perry Como Show." Told him my name, like a long lost uncle he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, as we walked, he smiled, and said "that means a lot to me." "Let's have a Vino for Dino!"

No comments:

Post a Comment