Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Dean Martin Lives Tucson Greg Garrison VO

The Dean Martin Show. Through a "string of miracles" I began working at NBC Burbank in September of 1965. A few weeks after Dean had taped his first two shows. I came face to face w/Greg Garrison, the Boss, (Director) and instantly I was in awe. His resume working on big shows in NY was unparalleled ! Dean's idea was to do a "show," no strings attached. Come in on Sunday, rehearse tape and "I'm outta here!" My goal was to get as close to Dean without creating a stir, that I did! Instead of ushering outside, I walked into the studio, like I owned the place, planted myself next to Dean's chair, nobody asked any questions. Two seasons under my belt and lot's of memories. "Let's have a Vino for Dino!"

No comments:

Post a Comment