Thursday, July 15, 2021

The trip from Belmont Shore on Ocean Blvd. to the 710 Freeway to the Santa Ana Freeway to the Hollywood Freeway then off on Barnham. The Sunday morning trip took about 45 minutes in my 65' VW Beetle. I would pass Hanna Barbara and Warner Brothers Studios.  I drove to NBC Studios and  parked in the employees lot. I entered the Artist Entrance,  checked my messages, then on to Studio 4, Dean's "digs," took about 2 minutes. I had to pinch myself walking past the "Days of our Lives, Tonight Show" studios, as I walked,  on my left was the large warehouse where all the sets were built. I passed two large rehearsal halls to Studio 4. It seemed like a dream. A left turn then  on to Studio 4's hallway.  Midway was Dean's dressing room  on the right, makeup was on the left. I  took a deep breath and walked through the swinging doors.  I just entered the world of the "Dean Martin Show." On my right was the set up for "Les Brown and his Band of Renown." To my left was Dean's bar stool and the famous stairway up to the "firepoll." Across the large studio  was the library set w/Kenny Lane's piano and Dean's famous "Gouch." Later that morning the studio would come alive and rehearsal would begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment