Monday, July 3, 2023


 "Anything for a Laugh!" When you put the "King Of Cool" into a very dangerous position hopefully the worst will not happen. Every Dean Martin Show featured a segment where Dino hops on the piano and Kenny Lane becomes the straight man for Dean's jokes and jibes. One show Dean hops on the piano and sings, "I didn't know what time it was I drank my watch," or the next show Dean jumps on and sings "I've got you under my sheets." This segment could have been a disaster, the library was partitioned off, the only ones that watched the set up were the stage managers, some of the camera men, but the rest of us were in the dark. Greg Garrison kept the whole sketch close to his vest. Dean's in the library set, he had to know what lay in store for him. "Camera, Action," He leaps on the piano....the rest is history.  "Let's have a Vino for Dino!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment