Saturday, November 14, 2020

"Let's Have a Vino For Dino!"

"Let's have a vino for Dino, better yet, a  JB and water."Some of Dean's fans have been very dismissive of "The King of Cool's" habit of holding a drink in his left hand and smoking a Kent in his right hand.  One of his fan's remarked "Dean never drank, it was always a show." Some of his fans would have it no other way. "Apple juice or tea. " that's it, PERIOD !It's Sunday and we're taping. I have planted myself next to the coveted spot, off stage, a few feet from Dean's stool, standing next to the makeup man. During a commercial break, our makeup man always held Dean's drink. During one of shows, he noticed Dean needed a little touchup on his forehead, makeup man say's to me, "here hold this, I've got to take care of Dean for a second." He hand's me Dean's drink. Ok, here's my chance. If I take a sip, and Greg Garrison sees me, I'm done. Finito! While "Mr. Makeup" powders Dean's forehead, I bring the glass up to my nose, just for a whiff!  Jack and water? Later, I find out it was a splash of scotch and water.  J&B Rare, to be exact.  Beside's working on the Dean Martin Show, my real "claim to fame," I held Dean's drink.  Since then I've been a big fan of J&B Rare and water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment