Saturday, November 28, 2020

The Dean Martin Show

Sunday, November 22, 2020 Dean Martin was 49 when I finagled my way next to his bar stool on the Dean Martin Show. When I saw Dean my life flashed before me, a young kid in Chicago, w/my brother Frank and I, under the dining room table watching Dean and Jerry on the Ed Sullivan Show. We moved to Long Beach, Ca. I'm still a big Dean Martin fan. Checking the mirror in my bedroom while I lipsink "Money Burns a Hole in My Pocket," trying to sing and look like Dean. Later I'm crooning Dean Martin songs in Father Hansons St. Anthony Glee Club before a packed house in our gym. I wind up graduating from Long Beach State, my old pal and later Metro Media News N.Y. Anchorman, John Roland get's me an interview at NBC. I wind up becoming an NBC Page, working on the Dean Martin Show. I came a long way just to meet Dino Crocetti. It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment