Friday, December 4, 2020

Jimmy Mahoney

Jim Mahoney. "Chasing The Fixer." "Smokin" a cigar and listening to Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra stories at LaQuinta CC w/Jim Mahoney. Jim Mahoney, sometimes called the "fixer" knew where all the bodies were buried. I didn't know him then but Jimmy was probably on Dean and Carson's set when I worked on those shows. You need a problem solved, Mahoney was your man. When Frank Jr. was abducted in Vegas, Jimmy engineered his release. Jim and I chat about the "Golden Age of Television" frequently. You'd love to be "a fly on the wall." He still keeps in touch with many Hollywood stars. He "talks the talk" and every day "walks the walk." Mahoney walks at least 2 miles each day, around LQCC. "That's what Bob Hope told me, if I wanted to live to be 100." Walking every day w/their dog, Jim's daughter Marrilee, a former NBC Page makes sure he keeps pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment