Friday, December 4, 2020

Venus meets Volare

" Venus meets Volare." Frankie Avalon was guest on the Dean Martin Show. My dad always thought that Frankie Avalon, Bobby Rydell, Fabian Forte, Bobby Darin, Vic Damone, Johnny Desmond, Johnny Rivers all came from Italian roots that Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra planted. Frankie and Darin and Rydell, were the second coming. Not sure if they knew it. Decked out in our NBC Page Blazers, Bill Woodley and I, were on a lunch break at Bob's Big Boy in Sherman Oaks, around the corner from the studio. The place was packed. In walks Frankie Avalon and his w/his kids. The restaurant was packed, I asked Frankie if he wanted to join us. "Sure." They seated us in the back. Next thing we're chatting, having burgers at Bob's Big Boy. Fate, 53 years later, Frankie's sitting at crowded Fortunes in Old Town Laquinta. I walked up to his table, introduced myself, reminded him about Bob's Big Boy, back in the day, plugged my NBC Palm Springs TV Show WiseGuysCooking.com, "undaunting" I asked him if he would do a cameo. Still waiting. Mr. "Hey Venus" shocked my wife when we left, "Goodbye Mike." Great Guy. I'm sure singing with Dino was a thrill. A gracious guy, Mr. "Venus" shocked my wife when we left, "Goodbye Mike." Great Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment