Monday, June 12, 2023

Mike Colonna Blogcast "Dean at the Piano"

The Dean Martin Show. Everyone on the Show loved the Piano sketch with Kenny Lane. Dean would flick his cigarette ashes on Kenny's shoulder. "I'm gonna make you a General!" The rehearsal shots were blocked in the morning but Garrison had "stunts" up his sleeve. Most of the time Dean had no idea who was behind the door. Neither did we. During the Sunday Morning Rehearsals, and Afternoon shooting, I don't ever recall taking a break. Learning and watching Dean, the producers, writers, even Les Brown's Band of Renown making adjustments, I didn't want to miss a minute of this legendary event. Lot's of these moments are stored in my brain's memory bank. So pinch me, I got to work up close and personal with the "King of Cool," on the Dean Martin Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment