Thursday, October 29, 2020

Glad to be Italian

"We're Glad that We're Italian"Frank Sinatra was the man! When Frank and Dean performed together they fought for laughs.  Their appeal was different, They adored each other.  Charisma exuded from their veins.   Frank was the King, and Dean was the "Court Jester."  One Sunday afternoon, Greg Garrison shut down Studio 4, Sinatra and Dean would tape, it was closed to the public. Two "pros" in a world of their own.  "Kibitzing, " man, did they have a good time. I was part of the privileged few, watching the back and forth was legendary.  In my view, Frank's humor was a little strained, laughs were easy for Dean. Dean's facial expressions, his "off the wall" quotes, "I might be married, but I'm not a fanatic about it!"  I often "daydream" about my old NBC Page days. That vivid memory of standing next to Dean, In my book, I was standing next to  one of the greatest performers of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment