Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Watching All The Girls Go By

"Watching all the girls go by." One Sunday afternoon during the taping of the Dean Martin Show, I was clearing a path next  to Dean's set, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a stunning blonde beauty. It didn't register right away, but within 10 seconds I recognized Angie Dickinson. She was standing  alongside some of Dean's guests, The TV cop, and Oceans Eleven, beauty was in our midst. She appeared with some of my favorites, Lee Marvin, James Garner, Frank, and Dean. Without a doubt, she was a deputized member of the "Rat Pack." What's with all of the beauties that hung out in the hallway between Studio 3 and 4, next to Dean's dressing room?  Joey Heatherton, Lanie Kazan, and the parade of other lovelies, they were "creme de la creme's groupies. They created an "aura" of excitement, better than a Vegas Show.  It was over when Dean quipped "Keep all those cards and letters coming in folks..." Reality set in. Within an hour, I hung up my NBC Page blazer, got in my Volkswagen Beetle, and drove back to my Belmont Shore digs. Just another day at the office. Couldn't wait till Monday morning, back to the "old grind." 

No comments:

Post a Comment