Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Living The Dream

"Living the Dream"The first few weeks as an NBC Page were interesting. We worked on game show's w/ Dennis James, and Tom Kenndy. The real fun began when Hap Chamberlan, the "Big Page Kahuna" chose 6 of us to work on the Dean Martin Show. Hundred's of Dean's fans had waited more than 6 months for their tickets for either the rehearsals, or the taping. They were so excited to be in the midst of Dean's magic,  fans actually asked us to take pictures with them and have us sign autographs. That's when I made my move. I excused myself from the rest of the guys, walked down the hallway between Studio 3 and 4. I saw Dean's dressing room. Wow! That's when I decided to enter studio 4's double doors, I walked over to Dean's set, it was like a dream, next thing I know, Greg Garrison is standing there, "Your job is to monitor Dean's guests." "Yes sir!" I am now standing like an immovable object, waiting for rehearsal to begin. Did I feel bad for not going back outside to check out ticket holders? Forgettaboutit! I'm waiting for my "gumba" Dean Martin to walk by. He did. Dean exuded charisma, he gave me a wink,  and got ready for his morning rehearsal. I'm standing w/my fingers on my face wondering how in the hell did I ever get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment