Saturday, October 24, 2020

Vino For Dino

My addiction to Dean Martin started in High School, I bought his album "Pretty Baby," I tried to get Dean down to a science. The voice, the look, the demeanor. My frosh year Father Hanson recruited me for the 40 strong SA Glee club. I could sing Italian songs. "Hey Compare," Dark Town Strutters. Ball," lots of others. Our concerts were sellouts. My dad was a singer in the old radio days on "The Italian Hour" in Chicago, I wanted to follow in his footsteps. . After college, an old SAE frat bro started working at NBC. I begged him for an interview. Got it! From News messenger to NBC Page. My first week on the job, working the "The Dean Martin Show" Bingo! It was Christmas and Dean gave our whole production staff a signed album, my two prize possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment